Tile roofs are a popular choice for roofing, no matter where you go. They are attractive, they last a long time, and they hold up well to the stresses of bad weather and other forces. If you take good care of it, a tile roof will last for decades, but if they aren't installed properly, or are not maintained well, then they are as prone to leaks and the need for repair as any other roof type. You could always try to fix your tile roof on your own, but because the materials are expensive, and the work complex, you are probably better off turning to a professional and qualified tile roof repair contractor like those at Layton, UT Tile Roof Repair to handle the job instead. Tile roofs are generally somewhat expensive to maintain and repair when needed, but routine care and diligent repair work are the keys to preventing tile roof leaks, and when you work with Layton Tile Roof Repair, you will be charged a fair price for the best workmanship your hard-earned dollars can buy.
What Makes Tile Roofs a Good Choice?
Tile roofs are good choices for a number of reasons. Whatever material your tiles are made of, they will give your house a distinct look and provide excellent protection for your home, as long as you care for them properly.
1. They Are Close to Fire-Proof
Whatever material tile roofs are made from, be it clay, concrete, or something else, they are very resistant to fire, in contrast to wooden or asphalt shingle roofs. This means that even if a fire breaks out in your home, your roof will be less susceptible to damage than otherwise, helping to reduce the risk of needing a full tile roof replacement when a blaze occurs.
2. They Hold Up Well in the Wet and Cold
Whether it is rain, snow, hail or sleet, your tile roof will usually hold strong, saving you from having to worry about tiles being broken or coming loose at inopportune times. Of course, nothing is perfect, and a storm could still damage your tile roof, but it is less likely than with some other materials.
3. They Look Great
Tiles for roofing come in a wide variety of different colors and styles, so you can make sure that your roof either blends well with the rest of your home décor, or stands out boldly and makes a statement, whichever you prefer.
4. Tile Roofs are Tough
No matter how well you care for them, most roofing materials start to degrade noticeably after 20 years or so, even if you care for them properly. Tile roofs, on the other hand, will last easily between double and quadruple that length of time with diligent maintenance, unless there is a random disaster.
Disadvantages of Tile Roofs
Tile roofing is a wonderful option, but it isn't perfect. Here are some things to consider when you need tile roof repair or replacement in Layton, UT.
Tile roofs are usually expensive to install, maintain, and repair. Individual tiles are often more costly than shingles, wood shakes, or slate, and not only that, they are heavier, which means that you need to provide them additional support to keep the roof from caving. All of this adds up to a fair amount of coin, and as awesome as they are, if you care about the longevity of your tile roof, you can expect to spend a fair amount to keep it in good condition over time.
2. Technical Difficulties of Repair Work
Tiles are strong, but they are also brittle. This means that, when walked on, it is possible that you can break them, and when they break, they have a tendency towards complex fracturing, rather than developing a simple crack. In addition, they are held on by fixtures more complicated than simple nails. All of this means that it takes a lot of skill to work on a tile roof in Layton, and if you want the job done right, you should really consider putting your trust in Layton Tile Roof Repair. We're experts, and we always commit one hundred percent to customer satisfaction.
Maintaining Your Tile Roof
Repairs are important, but if you want to save money and stress, good maintenance will go a long way toward making tile roof repair in Layton a less frequent need. Whether you do these things yourself, or contract Layton Tile Roof Repair to do them for you, make sure that they get done at least once a year to keep your roof healthy, strong, and looking good.
1. Trim Nearby Trees Tiles are resistant to many kinds of damage, but straight force is still very likely to cause them to break. This makes trees a special hazard. Not only do they provide a potential way for moss and algae to make their way to your roof, but tile roofs are even more susceptible to damage caused by falling branches and such than many other roof types.
2. Spring Inspections Getting a yearly tile roof inspection done by a professional tile roofing service at least once a year is a good way to catch damage early, before it spreads. Springtime just after the thaw is a popular time of year to do it, since it will allow you to see any problems caused by the winter weather as soon as it is visible. If you are doing your roof inspection on your own, you should do it from ground level with a pair of binoculars for safety.
3. Kill Algae and Moss Before They Spread Even if you keep trees growing near your home well trimmed, moss or algae spores could make it to your roof, and since it is a great environment for them to grow in, you may start to see vegetation on your roof at pretty much any time. A power-washer with a simple solution of dish detergent and water will usually be enough to take care of it, but if not, add a little bleach.
4. Clean Out Your Gutters Trimming nearby trees may help to keep leaves out of your gutter, but even then, the odds are good that eventually, they may start to stop up. If that happens, it can prevent water from being drained away from your roof when needed, making it more likely that leaks will develop anywhere that your roof is weak. Make sure that you keep your gutters clean, and that you get them repaired when needed, as part of your general tile roof maintenance and repair regimen.
How Much Does a Tile Roof Repair in Layton Cost?
Tile roofs are truly wonderful, but they are also expensive to care for. While we would need to do an inspection to give you an accurate quote on your tile roof repair, expect to pay at least a couple hundred dollars for tile roof repairs, and thousands if you need a full tile roof replacement. Layton Tile Roof Repair is committed to offering competitive prices for world-class work, so if you want an estimate that is backed by the industry's best, give us a call today.
Where Can I Look For Tile Roofers Near Me?
You have already found some, and we are the best around for one simple reason: commitment to being the best. Layton, UT Tile Roof Repair acts with integrity, and devotes all of the care and attention that any tile roof repair needs, and it shows. It doesn't matter what kind of job you need done, we will take good care of you. Check out some of the services we offer below!
Concrete roof repair
Spanish tile roof repair
Cracked roof tile repair
Clay tile roof repair
Tile roof restoration
Tile roof leak repair
As you can see, for any job, whether big or small, we are the top tile roof repair service in town, and we aren't satisfied unless you are, so call or click to contract our services today; you won't be sorry.